We are hiring for the position of Transport Department Administrator at our Huthwaite site in Nottinghamshire. This is an apprenticeship, where the successful candidate will work closely with our transport and logistics teams to keep track of stillages and ensure requisite numbers are always available, with training provided by West Nottinghamshire College. This is an excellent opportunity for someone at the beginning of their career.
NOTE: You can apply for this position at the bottom of this page, don’t forget to attach your CV!
You can also apply on the GOV.UK website here.
Position: Transport Department Administrator (Apprenticeship)
Location: Huthwaite (Nottinghamshire)
Training by: West Nottinghamshire College
Annual Wage: £10,004.80
Total hours per week: 40 hours
Expected duration: 15 Months
Possible start date: 01 Aug 2022
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level 3 (A level)
Positions available: 1
- To manage the stillages across all of Clayton Glass’ sites.
- To work with our in-house and sub-contract transport teams, managing the distribution, collections, recording and reporting using our in-house tracking system. (PowerBI)
- Communicating with customers and our commercial team on collections, along with monitoring the customer’s stillage volumes.
- Invoicing for lost stillages.
- Stock control and ordering of new stillages.
- Adopt a courteous, helpful and professional manner when dealing with customers at all times
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Flexible and creative
- Good P.C. skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Drive and determination
- Willingness to adhere to and embody the Clayton Glass company values
Welcome to Clayton Glass! We are one of the UK’s largest and most trusted business-to-business manufacturers and suppliers of insulating glass units (IGUs).
Since forming back in 1956, Clayton have become the go-to source of knowledge on all things glass. Through many years of learning and developing, we now operate at the forefront of the latest that glazing technology has to offer, whether it be windows, bifold doors, skylights or conservatories.
Each year, we process around 25,000 tonnes of glass, equivalent to 2.5 million individual IGUs. This is enough to glaze well over 100,000 standard UK houses! With all these homes feeling the many benefits of having high quality units in their windows, doors and conservatories.
Across our four high-tech manufacturing facilities, featuring some of the most advanced IGU-assembling machinery anywhere, we all have a common goal. This is that we produce IGUs of the highest possible quality, and deliver them to our customers on time, in full. It’s about building strong business-to-business relationships; something that hinges on the quality of IGUs we produce, and on the dedication of our manufacturing teams.
By joining the Clayton team, you will become part of the Clayton family, and share in our common goal. We will provide you with full training and, as best we can, an environment where you can thrive, grow and ultimately succeed. Progression is always possible at Clayton Glass, and we would tend to look for internal solutions before we consider an outside hire.